Sunday, May 1, 2011

05/01/11 - Braxton preview and the return of my favorite sim!

If I could offer any advice it would be...NEVER drink a frappe from McDonald's late at night.

The damn thing will keep you up ALL night!

I honestly thought that I was going to staple my eyelids shut before it was all over. Instead, I made a mistake. I decided to get out of bed, and try to play my game for a few minutes to see if it would make me sleep. (*lol*)

What happened instead was that I realized that my game was effed up beyond repair, and I was going to have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. This is a very brave thing to decide to do at 5am.

Now, 15 hours, and 2 hours of sleep later, my game is finally playable!

I have decided to hold off on most of the CC (mods, pose player, and hair not included!) until I upgrade the memory on this laptop. Unless I need something specific for a competition. Speaking of - that was just another thing I didn't get to today.

So, here is the good news:

I found my most favorite TS3 sim ever that I thought was gone forever. Her backup file was nestled deep in my saves folder, and when I stuck it back in the new game...there she was! I now introduce you to Bridgette Braxton. (No relation to the Adrienne Braxtons :-P)


She was a victim of some bad CC that I downloaded, and since I had no clue what to do with bad CC, I deleted her. I was so upset...but now she's back! I plan on using her for my Generations game when it comes out. :-) She was my Late Night test sim, as you may be able to tell by her apparent vampy-ness. ;-)

I'll be adding her and Devani to my sims page once I get it up and running, but that wasn't in the cards today.

I had to get my Braxton's settled in to their new home.

...

Here's a sneak preview of what happens with that. ;-)

Sometimes life doesn't turn out exactly like you had planned.

Sometimes things change.

Sometimes things happen that are beyond your control.

One minute, you are the spoiled 3rd generation heiress of a highly wealthy legacy family...never lifted a finger to work in your life.


The next minute?




You're in a tiny house.






No money.


No luxuries.


No mom.


No dad.


...it's just you, your sister, and your will to survive.


Can you make it out there?


What happens when everything that Adrienne worked for is suddenly...


Gone?


;-)


The Braxton's - Coming soon to a blog near you.

Current sim projects:

-SNTM competition entry
-Sim page, complete with Bridgette and Devani downloads
-More Braxton playage. WHEE!

Kisses,

Felicia

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, exciting preview.

    Nothing like having to reset the game to give the story a big shakeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggled when I saw the house. :D BTW, what happened to your game to make it need an uninstall/re-install?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PiB - I was sort of really excited about it! A fresh start is nice!

    Jewels - I have no clue! Maybe it was just time? IDK. I'm gonna blame it on CC, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope my game doesn't make me do that! Although my hair section is effed up (darn Autocorrect changed that to "egged") - it just won't show up! I am PISSED - I just bought LN and had to temporarily remove my CC and mods to the desktop because Brideport wouldn't fracking LOAD...so no prettiful test Simmehs for me. Bwaah!

    ReplyDelete